Saturday 4 April 2015

Final Cut- With Explanation

Here is my final cut for my music video, I closely followed Goodwins theory of music videos, Dyer star theory and the codes and conventions of house music however I did make sure that I slight deviated fro the codes and conventions of house music. For Goodwis theory I made sure apart from other things that there was a strong relationship between the lyrics and the visuals. For example "I can't stop" I made sure to link it with shots from a first persons shot of going down hill skiing to represent a sense of out of control as well as not being able to stop. For Dyer star theory I made sure that the main protagonist in my music videos were wearing clothes that linked to the hegemony of the house genre. Therefore this should theoretically boost album sales, as the audience and fans can relate to my artist. I made sure that it follows the codes and conventions of house music since the shots and effects are edited to the beat of the music. I have gone gaist the codes and conventions of house music, by showing some of the artists face, however artist such as David Guetta does this as he has made a cross over from house artist to almost pop artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment