Wednesday 5 November 2014

Anamatic- I can't stop storyboard and treatment ot my anamatic usuing Goodwins Theory and shot list


Anamatic


I chose to use traffic as it symbolizes the lyrics of I can't stop", furthermore the switch between night and day is supposed to act as an establishing shot to show the urban transport. additionally it shows that the protagonist can't remember the day and is having mixed memories of what has actually happened. I wanted a over head shot of Nottingham as again it sets the scene. I wanted a shot of as it shows power and speed which symbolizes lyrics again I can't stop". Furthermore it relates to drugs when the individual reaches there peak after taking a drug. It is also important to show club scenes as it fits the genre of many music house music videos and thus follows the codes and conventions. I need people to dance as this shows lots of movement and people looking like they're off there face and not being able to stop. This is just my initial and I anticipate that there will be numerous changes when my rough cut and final cut are released. I chose the snowy mountains as possible location for filming as the geography of the area is imposing and stunning so will attract viewers who were watching my music video. It would be good for the opening sequence of my music video.

Treatment to my music video applying Goodwin's theory of music videos

As for Goodwin's theory of music videos, I want to create an animatic  that  can be easily transformed into a music video as you can see from my animatic my music video will be edited to the beat of the music, with fast and exciting changes in shots such as traffic and the difference between night and day, with many effects included with them. I also want to create a strong relationship between lyrics and visuals, e.g. "I can't stop" with displaying something that is out of control As you can tell from my animatic. It  is important as you can tell from my anaemic that I will follow the codes and conventions of typical house music scenes such as clubs as Goodwin argued that music videos demonstrate genre characteristics. Goodwin argues that record labels may want close up on the artist face I will supply these shots to a certain extent with my music video however, I still have to tie in with the codes and conventions of house music shots on there artist so I will not show all the artist face. I will have dancers in my music video as this follows the codes and conventions of a typical house music video.

Shot List

Mountain range- long shot with hand held shot
Traffic- Long shot- stationary shot
town center- Panning crane long shot
blender- close up stationary
tying shoelaces- close up
speed dial- close up
drinks on a shelf-mid panning shot 
people dancing- mid shot
town center- panning crane long shot
dog-mid shot hand held
traffic- long shot 








No comments:

Post a Comment